Sunday, September 21, 2008

Wow, I have a clean room

Nothing much to show tonight, I've been cleaning up my room. Some things I found include my academic transcript*, all the pieces for my walking foot that had escaped recently from the box, my hera marker, lots and lots of threads, and most interestingly, 4 empty rolls of rasant thread, all for white. I only started using rasant for all my piecing about 2.5 years ago, which means I have gone through more than 4000 meters of white thread, just in piecing. Not to mention, I also found 3 rolls of white - 2 half empty, 3 rolls of cream - again, 2 half empty, and 2 rolls of black. Thats a lot of sewing I've been doing! I can also now account for all of my bobbins.

Tomorrow(well today technically) I only work 5 hours, then I have a day off! yay! I plan on making at least 3 skirts, two from fabric Mum gave me, then a skirt out of my piece of Drawing Room by Anna Maria Horner that I have told the ladies I work with I will be showing up to work in on Tuesday...

* Technically this wasn't 'lost'. If I had a need for it, I knew where it was on my desk, but when I 'found' it tonight, I decided it might be time to put it somewhere a little safer.