Monday, September 8, 2008

Monkey Magic!!

This little guy got finished today.

Started about 6 months ago, he got a little bit more stuffing, his side seam sewn up and his tail stitched on with one of my favourite vintage buttons. Fabric is Kaffe Fassett Shot Cotton in 'Aegan' and I think the contrast is 'Spring Fling', but I can't remember, it was bought as a remnant. His face is doctors flannel, and while there is that lovely hand stitching around it, I also vliesofixed it on to make sure it wasnt coming off.

The pattern is out of this book, which I borrowed out of the library, so now I don't have the instructions to make more!

And this is the clock I made you mum! Currently still 'in progress' as my clock work bit on the back is too heavy, so it can't opperate leaning like this, it has to be hung. Oops. Good clockworks are hard to find. I bought the hands thinking they were silver too so I was a bit dissapointed when I realise they were gold. Might have to paint them another colour. Oh, and its technically a tiny bit off center, but I really don't think you notice.