Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Re-entry

Sorry for the prolonged blog break, I had a bad week which included being locked out of my unit overnight, small appliances breaking, my car dying a painful death in the left hand lane in front of an intersection in pouring rain whilst on my way to work, oh, then finally a birthday. All that left me a little drained to be honest.

So I do have projects to show- like my crochet which is off to a roaring start. And I have also joined a few other people with a Spring to Finish! challenge on Tallgrass PrairieStudio's blog so I have 14 days now to finish some things up. I have six projects I would like to get finished over the next couple of months as I want to enter them into some quilt shows so I need to get going! (All in all this might be a tiny bit tricky as I pretty much have 3 jobs on the go now so I can afford to get a desperately needed new (to me) car!)

And because I need a picture here:

This is one of four of my tomato plants that is growing on my balcony. I always thought I was a patient person but for God's sake! How long does it take for a damm tomato to ripen!! You may be able to notice the stalk towards the bottom of the plant with some rather large cherry tomatoes on it? Well this promising little plant has had two of those large cherry tomatoes on it for almost three weeks now and they wont turn red! And now that same shoot has 16 other tiny tomatoes growing on it as well! HURRY UP I WANT TO EAT YOU!