Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I'm probably crazy

When I signed up to Spring to Finish on Tallgrass Prarie Studio's blog, I wrote a list of 12 things I wanted to do - which would have meant I got 4 or 5 quilts closer to to getting finished. Well, I failed miserably. I finished 2 off that list of 12.

Which is why I am crazy to be signing up for a Quilt-a-Long with Crazy Mom Quilts. But I think its what I need. For the past couple of weeks I have been working some pretty odd and long hours (I have to say the most impressive day would be working from 5am till 8am doing a freezer stock take then going to my other job from 9.30 till 6.45pm on only 3 hours sleep) and all this isn't helped by the fact I still don't have a car yet, making me dependant on very unreliable public transport - most of which takes more than an hour and a half to get from A to B. This means that when I get home 12 hours after I left, I'm pretty tired and don't feel like doing much at all.

But I'm hoping just one block a day is achievable. Last night I went on a bit of a cutting marathon and now have more than 100 2.5 inch squares for this project, and sewed my first two blocks together. I'm thinking of doing two at a time to save on stopping and starting and with my little cutting mission I have about 10 blocks worth of fabric ready to be sewn together. So here are my first two.

PS. I'm thinking of doing a clean out of some of my sewing supplies meaning there are going to be some destashing going on soon with some giveaway's. I just hope someone will want my stuff!