Saturday, October 11, 2008

To Appease Mother

My internet exile has ended! Firstly, these are two of my quilts hanging at a local quilt show, in a shops stand. Mine is the pink and black one, and the one to the right of it (which is just a quilt top, I'm picking it up on Monday, buying wadding and a backing fabric and working frantically to get it quilted in time for the next quilt show in a weeks time)

Here are a couple more civil war blocks and one in progress.


This one above is actually made incorrectly. As I was working off a black and white photocopy I didn't realise that the colours are reversed in the opposite corners! However it looks so good I don't think I have the heart to unpick it and throw two blocks away and make two more!



And then there is a new hand sewing project (like I needed another one). Its going to be a yo yo quilt!

I'm slowly moving through my stash cutting two squares of each fabric to make two yo yo's out of each fabric. I started on the scrap pile, then moved onto the spots, which is why if you look closely about 80% of them are spotty. I have 83 made, have the fabric cut for another 43, and to make a 25 x 25 quilt, will need 625 yo yo's! But remember, so far I have only cut the scrap pile and spots drawer, if I end up cutting 2 from all of my fabrics then it might end up being a wee bit bigger than that...
When I get to about 300 I will start whip stitching them together. I am waiting for a friend to produce her antique yo yo quilt (and in her fashion she said "oh I don't know where they are, I'll have to find them") so I can get a look at how they did it. I know its just whip stitching but I still want to see someone elses first!

Next post I might show you my 3 inch across dresden plate, but I need to find it first!

Also, I need to make this quilt.