Saturday, July 12, 2008

Inspiration

A long talk with an old friend (yes I mean you Amy) got me inspired to get something done (yay!). Despite the fact I have been awake since 4.30am, have worked 9 hours at one job, then 2 hours at another, then had a cup of tea with a friend on the way home, I decided that tonight would be a good night to sew. After a long talk with Amy on the phone, I frantically free hand quilted for about 2.5 hours, between looking at the pretty blog pictures everywhere, and have made it about half way down the summer quilt.


Now this is hard work - at one point, my arms were hurting, my face was clammy and I was sweating. That's something considering its probably 12 degrees here at the moment. I'm calling it a night because well, being awake for 20 hours out of one day (after only 4 hours sleep... ouch) that its really bed time. Its sitting up on the wall still though, begging to be quilted.
But I have a problem. I want to quilt horizontal lines out from where there is a green fabric join at both of the edges of the green (does that make sense?), but how do I
1. Keep the lines straight
2. Make sure they are perpendicular
Any help would be great!

As I side note, gee this looks really nice!